OP
Troy-Head1

Troy-Head1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is but the question was does any one know about horn sharks because I can’t find anyone I have had horn sharks for about a year and half and my female didn’t eat today which is very weird and she is just staying in one spot of the tank

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is but the question was does any one know about horn sharks because I can’t find anyone I have had horn sharks for about a year and half and my female didn’t eat today which is very weird and she is just staying in one spot of the tank
You're definitely going to need more info for everyone to work with here.

I'd strongly suggest reading through the link below (particularly the "Aquarium Parameters," "Water quality," and "In-depth Information" sections) to figure out what info you can share here with us to get the best diagnosis and treatment/care advice possible as needed:
Once you've listed the info needed, I'd suggest tagging Jay Hemdal, as he has experience with them and would be the one to talk to about any fish health issues one is having.

Aspect is also well-versed in sharks, and may have some input for you once you add more info for everyone to work with.

OP
OP
Troy-Head1

Troy-Head1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're definitely going to need more info for everyone to work with here.

I'd strongly suggest reading through the link below (particularly the "Aquarium Parameters," "Water quality," and "In-depth Information" sections) to figure out what info you can share here with us to get the best diagnosis and treatment/care advice possible as needed:
Once you've listed the info needed, I'd suggest tagging Jay Hemdal, as he has experience with them and would be the one to talk to about any fish health issues one is having.

Aspect is also well-versed in sharks, and may have some input for you once you add more info for everyone to work with.
Yeah I know I sound like a dumb butt but that’s all I have for right now besides just the feeling that something is wrong I just want to act fast and not wake up and you know

ss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What is the respiration rate?
When was the last time the specimen took food? Was it’s appetite normal?
Do you quarantine your live stock?
Other Tank inhabitants?
Any recent additions?
Parameters of Aquarium?
Aquarium size?
Anything recently change?
Any abnormal markings on the specimen?
Any other specimens in the tank exhibiting abnormal behavior?
A video would be helpful.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know I sound like a dumb butt but that’s all I have for right now besides just the feeling that something is wrong I just want to act fast and not wake up and you know
I understand the want to rush here, but taking a deep breath and slowing down enough to give us all some more info would go a long way toward getting help here.

In cases like this, rushing often does more harm than taking things one step at a time.

OP
OP
Troy-Head1

Troy-Head1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the want to rush here, but taking a deep breath and slowing down enough to give us all some more info would go a long way toward getting help here.

In cases like this, rushing often does more harm than taking things one step at a time.
I get it completely haha but I have been here and done this. A fish is completely fine one day and the next day it’s acting weird and then it’s no longer with us. I’ll will try to get more info

OP
OP
Troy-Head1

Troy-Head1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the respiration rate?
When was the last time the specimen took food? Was it’s appetite normal?
Do you quarantine your live stock?
Other Tank inhabitants?
Any recent additions?
Parameters of Aquarium?
Aquarium size?
Anything recently change?
Any abnormal markings on the specimen?
Any other specimens in the tank exhibiting abnormal behavior?
A video would be helpful.
She add about 3 days ago I don’t feed them everyday I have 2 horn sharks and 1 bamboo sailfin tang, yellow tang, fox face and a couple others but I did add a Stars and Stripes puffer but no aggression what so ever with the puffer this puffer was getting picked on in the tank I took him from

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get it completely haha but I have been here and done this. A fish is completely fine one day and the next day it’s acting weird and then it’s no longer with us. I’ll will try to get more info
The only way to get the answers you seek is to provide as much detail as possible. People want to help but if getting basic information about your system is like pulling teeth, then you will struggle to find any adequate answers.

ss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes most horn sharks to my knowledge are Californian and the time is at 76 at the moment

As a reference point for you. Lets say the average is 60˚F for Los Angeles. Assume you are adapted to live in an 75˚F environment, your 76˚F environment is equivalent to 95˚F for you. I think you would eventually have an issue. He needs a chiller.

los-angeles-us.png

Last edited:

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby Horn Shark.JPG

Our little guys here don't usually see temps in the 70's for very long. In the summer time it will get that warm but that is only for the first few feet of the surface water.
You said you have two horn sharks. Is the other one exhibiting the same behavior?
Were they added at the same time, if not, how long have you had the other one?
What have you been feeding them and how much?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back