Bi color angel 3”

Want to get:
Assorted tangs
Coral cat shark
Epaulette shark
Horn shark
California ray
Dragon eel

I’m purely using my 250 as a grow out tank. And I have no doubts I’ll have an 8’ diameter stock tank ready for them by the time they need it.

I’m gonna get all my new additions as small as I can find, so they’ll have time to grow.

I have a really good filtration system, and a powerful UV. Also a lid

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Please tell me if these guys are compatible with eachother

Already have:
Banana eel 13”
Hi fin snapper 9”
Naso tang 8”
Magnificent foxface 7”
Emperor angel 6”
Blue throat trigger 5”
Polleni grouper 5”
Powder blue tang 4”
Purple tang 4”
Achilles tang 3”
Bi color angel 3”

Want to get:
Assorted tangs
Coral cat shark
Epaulette shark
Horn shark
California ray
Dragon eel

I’m purely using my 250 as a grow out tank. And I have no doubts I’ll have an 8’ diameter stock tank ready for them by the time they need it.

I’m gonna get all my new additions as small as I can find, so they’ll have time to grow.

I have a really good filtration system, and a powerful UV. Also a lid
You’ve already had several replies on this topic, you’ll likely not have anything different with replies. Most of the fish you want aren’t well thought through and even when bought small, they still grow fast.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8’ diameter stock tank
How many total gallons would this stock tank be?

When you start looking into bigger sharks and groupers, even large tanks start to get too small/crowded really fast.
Horn shark
California ray
What species of horn shark? (Some are temperate/coldwater rather than tropical.)

Similarly, most species of fish - including the California Ray - from California are going to be temperate/coldwater, and won't do well long-term at tropical temps (they'll basically slowly die from the heat).

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many total gallons would this stock tank be?

When you start looking into bigger sharks and groupers, even large tanks start to get too small/crowded really fast.

What species of horn shark? (Some are temperate/coldwater rather than tropical.)

Similarly, most species of fish - including the California Ray - from California are going to be temperate/coldwater, and won't do well long-term at tropical temps (they'll basically slowly die from the heat).
So the stock tank is about 900 gallons, the tank temp is set at 72-73, from what I’ve read that should be fine.

I’ll try to save up for the zebra horn sharks, if the place that has them sells out before I do, just a normal horn shark

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are the butterflies on the list??
What would u recommend? I’m trying to do all colorful, and rare fish, so none of the basics like the copper band or heinochus, any experience with the burgees?

Also, unfortunately the emperor got ick, I treated with copper. And he didn’t take to the copper well, passing away.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank temp is set at 72-73, from what I’ve read that should be fine.
72-73 may be alright for the temperate species, but it's likely not for the tropical ones long-term. Clownfish, for example, have been shown to need to temps above 73 long term to survive:
I don't know how long it has to stay cold before you see the damage, but 23-24C (73.4-75.2F) is the lower limit for Ocellaris clownfish - the few studies I've found on it list 32C as the upper limit; below 23-24C and above 32C, the fish will eventually die from the temperature-induced changes in their bodies.

I can't find the article that discussed it (I apparently messed up the links in my post discussing it), but I believe 16-18C is where you can run the risk of seeing short-term damage from the temperature - again, though, I don't know how long that means; it could hours, it could be days, I'm not sure.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back