Male blonde naso tang
Harlequin tusk
Coral cat shark OR epaulette shark
Sapo puffer
Multiple blue reef chromis
Multiple lyretail anthias
Zebra eel OR banana eel
California ray OR blue dot ray

My skimmer is for up to 800 gallons, and I have a large UV. Algae refugium, and planning on getting the reefmat 1200 instead of the 4 4” filter socks that I currently have.

Powder blue is still in QT

IMG_1956.jpeg IMG_1955.jpeg IMG_1954.jpeg

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1000g display 96x48x42. And I would not stock that heavy and some of you fish get big...really big. But good luck to you.

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to be honest I don't think you have the space for a ray or a shark, they need a lot of room on the sand and not as much rock work. Just my 2 cents

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take the sharks and rays off the list, too small of a tank. One of the sharks listed gets 3 feet long with a 7 foot tank isnt enough room in my opinion. Achilles will probably be an issue with the PBT being in there and established. Be cautious about what fish you add with that banana eel being a fang tooth and all. Would probably need to get rid of the anthias and chromis if you get one

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take the sharks and rays off the list, too small of a tank. One of the sharks listed gets 3 feet long with a 7 foot tank isnt enough room in my opinion. Achilles will probably be an issue with the PBT being in there and established. Be cautious about what fish you add with that banana eel being a fang tooth and all. Would probably need to get rid of the anthias and chromis if you get one
doesn’t the coral cat only get 20-24”? Also, I thought the blue spotted ray was not very active, and therefor a good fit. And then for the tang, I didn’t add the powder blue in yet, and I’m in no rush to. If I add him and an Achilles to the display at the same time, should I have a problem? And for the eel, I’ve had the zebra before. And he didn’t eat small fish. Should I expect the next one to not eat them as well?

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to be honest I don't think you have the space for a ray or a shark, they need a lot of room on the sand and not as much rock work. Just my 2 cents
I don’t mind taking out the rock, if I cut it down to 1/2 of the original amount, would that be enough to keep a ray and shark? The picture doesn’t really show it, but behind the rock is mostly hollow. So lots of room back there

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1000g display 96x48x42. And I would not stock that heavy and some of you fish get big...really big. But good luck to you.
I’m planning on upgrading to a pond (800-1200 gallons) in the near future. If I got them all small, do you think I’d have a problem? I added the chromis to the list, so they would divert aggression between fish to them, because they’re such an easy target

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doesn’t the coral cat only get 20-24”? Also, I thought the blue spotted ray was not very active, and therefor a good fit. And then for the tang, I didn’t add the powder blue in yet, and I’m in no rush to. If I add him and an Achilles to the display at the same time, should I have a problem? And for the eel, I’ve had the zebra before. And he didn’t eat small fish. Should I expect the next one to not eat them as well?
A shark thats 2 feet in a tank thats 7 feet long and just over 2 feet wide seems extremely cramped to me. Same with the ray. I think in other threads of yours people have said something similar about those guys. Putting a shark or ray in that small of a tank is awful and not fair in my opinion. As for the eel zebras are pebble tooth eels, they go for inverts more in the wild, but each has their own personality. The banana is a fang tooth, they eat small fish in the wild. Each eel has their own personality. My snowflake is sweet as can be, she never eats my other fish. She doesnt seem to like silversides too much either, but eats them every now and again. My fangtooth is more aggressive, he ate 2 fish of mine for sure that were smaller. If I put chromis or anthias in that tank he would eat them eventually since they eat those kinds of fish naturally. Up to the eel, just food for thought. As for the achilles, is your tank set up for one? They have specific requirements as far as flow and stuff and do better with the tank designed around them. Research them more and you will come across info on their tank requirements

Cheese Griller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning on upgrading to a pond (800-1200 gallons) in the near future. If I got them all small, do you think I’d have a problem? I added the chromis to the list, so they would divert aggression between fish to them, because they’re such an easy target
If you're upgrading to a pond in the near future, why not wait until you have it? No reason to subject the new additions to a cramped environment in the meantime...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back