OP
Stray32

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why one is less and one is more - they are both the same except the center - lol

Its probably because all of the vendors that wanted to get greedy and go off the hornet name and started selling the Caribbean Melters as blue hornets.

Definetely identical polyps except for the purple and white centers.

My thoughts exactly...

Even Gary starts his PH auctions at 99 cents, and within hours it's up over $50!!!

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why one is less and one is more - they are both the same except the center - lol

Its probably because all of the vendors that wanted to get greedy and go off the hornet name and started selling the Caribbean Melters as blue hornets.

Definetely identical polyps except for the purple and white centers.

Pretty much, my blue hornets are also purple. But there is a green "stinger" on the tips of the skirt. Its very subtle, you have to look close. I dont know if all blue hornets have that or not. If you have some take a macro shot and look.

bluehornet001.jpg

They are both really cool polyps.

OP
OP
Stray32

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much, my blue hornets are also purple. But there is a green "stinger" on the tips of the skirt. Its very subtle, you have to look close. I dont know if all blue hornets have that or not. If you have some take a macro shot and look.

They are both really cool polyps.

Which makes them even MORE attractive than PH IMO...but I digress :wink:

southstar66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never said you were scamming people, I apologize if that is how it sounded, I just wanted everyone's opinion. I personally like my "blue hornet" more than the original purple because of the white eye. It looks exactly like it otherwise.

Also if I ever frag these and sell them, I want to know whether to charge $25/polyp or $75/polyp :bigsmile: :rolleyes:

No, I didn't take it that way, just for people reading it who may think I was just in it to scam someone. And I am glad you like your "hornets". They should grow quite fast for you. That baby is alot bigger than when I sold it to you. Glad to see it in a good home

rick8335

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
def purple hornets you got a good piece of coral. Its just different lights, differeent water maybe different camera. as far as the mouths being different come on maybe the feeding was different, ones healthier.
Either way I am envious.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back