Horrified...

xradikalx

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
71
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just was feeding my LPS in my frag tank and I noticed the basket that I keep my small plate corals in so they don't get blasted around by the flow had been pulled against the gyre intake. I removed the basket and saw a watermelon diaseris had been sucked against the gyre grill. I took a forcep to grab the coral and somehow the flow twisted it within my forcep, allowing it to twist sideways. Like a coin it slipped between the grates of the gyre. I heard a grinding sound and watched as shredded diaseris nuggets came spitting out the gyre. True nightmare fuel.

Let it be a cautionary tale. Turn off the powerhead first 😭
 
That's very sad to hear. Any larger pieces u can pickup these might still make it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new