Hosting

dtracy1119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come my clown fish doesn't have a relationship with the anemone but my Domino Damsel will???
20180929_140051.jpeg

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are also weird, they are perfectly happy hosting an overflow, a rock, a tardis. Even without the damsel adding an anemone doesn’t mean they will host on it.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding the RIGHT type of anemone is usually key, many people give the wrong type of anemone to their clowns, and that is why hosting usually takes longer, often they don't recognize it as it's not what they'd be found in the wild in.

Dominoes often take up anemone as a host, as well as some other damsels sometimes.

Looks like you have an LTA, (slightly bleached, mysis towards it a couple times a week should help regain health and color) what type of clowns do you have?

OP
OP
dtracy1119

dtracy1119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding the RIGHT type of anemone is usually key, many people give the wrong type of anemone to their clowns, and that is why hosting usually takes longer, often they don't recognize it as it's not what they'd be found in the wild in.

Dominoes often take up anemone as a host, as well as some other damsels sometimes.

Looks like you have an LTA, (slightly bleached, mysis towards it a couple times a week should help regain health and color) what type of clowns do you have?
Ocellaris clown fish just 1 for now. My other one hosted the overflow and went bye bye. I noticed my anemone alittle discolored. I was feeding krill cut in half. Should I feed myosis shrimp?

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocellaris clown fish just 1 for now. My other one hosted the overflow and went bye bye. I noticed my anemone alittle discolored. I was feeding krill cut in half. Should I feed myosis shrimp?

Krill will work too, keep it to small easy to digest foods that take less energy to consume.
LTA is not a natural host as found in wild for occs, but I'd expect them to accept it eventually, just usually not as quick as a natural host

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back