how’s the reef scene in missoula mt?

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wondering how the scene is in Missoula, not moving until april just wanna try and get a head start/idea as of how the shops are/ any local forums.

anyone in or near there?

Shawn4105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hour south from Missoula, but I use Blue Reef for everything great guy, great shop. That’s about only shop however.

OP
OP
S

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’ll be quite an adjustment coming from san diego having many shops here and wholesalers in LA
i’ve definitely acquired some corals i can’t part with so gonna try to have a shop here hold them while i get a temporary/ frag tank up there

Stoichiometry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy at Blue Reef is really cool. I spend a lot of time talking to him and he's really patient and passionate and gives good advice. Starting to have a bunch more in the shop since the first time I went in there. But I think there's people around that are into the hobby. Not sure where to talk to them. I have my first tank, just a 20g that's been up for about 7-8 months now and i'm super addicted so would be cool to do trades or something with people in the area. Will be getting a much larger tank when I buy a house next year

OP
OP
S

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy at Blue Reef is really cool. I spend a lot of time talking to him and he's really patient and passionate and gives good advice. Starting to have a bunch more in the shop since the first time I went in there. But I think there's people around that are into the hobby. Not sure where to talk to them. I have my first tank, just a 20g that's been up for about 7-8 months now and i'm super addicted so would be cool to do trades or something with people in the area. Will be getting a much larger tank when I buy a house next year
just gave you a follow
where i’m at now we have a pretty active local forum so it would be cool if there was one there
i’ll be bringing some of my prized corals with me
it’ll be cool to see what’s common there vs over here on the west coast

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back