How about a nightmare build thread?

I read your makeover on the 380 gallon tank and came to this thread to see what you started with. Uhhhg, being an aquarium tech myself for 5 or so years that tank to maintain makes me cringe.

Most of my tanks were FOWLRs that my boss set up and he was the maintaining them before me, so they were maintenance friendly. However I inherited a few disasters set up by others and they were dreadful. I was at that time a woman in my late 40s and had to carry water up stairs since their was no water source near the tank. One tank had like 3 sumps with sensor switches when the water got low, which was a disaster waiting to happen. Eventually I got tired of dealing with problems that were not of my making and only kept the tanks that were well thought out.

Now I am retired and only take care of my own 2 tanks which are maintenance friendly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new