How are new corals bred?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cassian
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
2,389
Reaction score
1,710
Location
MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im just curious...All the time I see these trademarked corals like the space monster or eagle eye zoanthid. How do people develop their own variety of coral? I assume you cant cross breed corals like you can other animas or fish. Ive always wondered about this and if I knew how to do it it would be fun to experiment with...
 
Yea its alot of wild caught stuff and then some times it colors up crazy and also you can graft some Montis favia and zoas can be grafted. And I read an article in coral magazine Bout the Walt Disney tenius and how when the owner first got it it was just a boring uncolrful stick that colored up really well in captivity
 
interesting. so I guess there is no such thing as hybrid corals then?
 
Yea its alot of wild caught stuff and then some times it colors up crazy and also you can graft some Montis favia and zoas can be grafted. And I read an article in coral magazine Bout the Walt Disney tenius and how when the owner first got it it was just a boring uncolrful stick that colored up really well in captivity
wow thats really neat! Walt Disney is a nice one
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new