How can I fix percipitation

jordanrb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2025
Messages
214
Reaction score
58
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose 12ml of AFR into my 20g cube. I do it at once every morning. Could splitting my dose in two (morning and night) prevent the buildup I am getting at the lid?

From my understanding adding calcium or alkalinity too quickly can cause it as well as an imbalance with low magnesium. Since my magnesium is stable at 1350-1400 I am going to say that wouldn't be the case.

My temp is stable at 76° so I dont think that would be the cause.

My perameters are:

Calcium 450ppm
Alkalinity 8.2 dkh
Magnesium 1350ppm
Salinity 1.025
 
Less dose volume and more frequent is always better.

If you have a Doser, why not 1ml every 2 hours.

If no Doser, twice is better than once, three is better…and so on….but the volume dosed needs to be very accurate.
 
AFR does not cause calcium carbonate precipitate at appropriate doses to maintain alk, regardless of timing of doses.

Where exactly is this precipitation? Lid of what?
 
AFR does not cause calcium carbonate precipitate at appropriate doses to maintain alk, regardless of timing of doses.

Where exactly is this precipitation? Lid of what?
It is only at the front glass face where the lid meets the glass.

I have never had it before until about 2-3 weeks ago. I can take a pic tomorrow when it builds back up. I wipe it every other day.
 
It is only at the front glass face where the lid meets the glass.

I have never had it before until about 2-3 weeks ago. I can take a pic tomorrow when it builds back up. I wipe it every other day.
You sure that's not salt creep?
 
I agree it sounds more like salt creep: a place where tank water dries out and leaves a crust.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new