OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats good news they are willing to come fix their mistakes. Hope they can come fix the sump in place. Your tank probably will need to be sumpless for at least a day or 2 for the silicone to setup.
They said 24 hours but if it takes more than that I’m okay with it.

They’re going to empty it, clean it and silicone the glass.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh wow...took them 3 months to fix your sump???? I hope you agreed to the schedule cuz I would be ticked having a defective sump for this long and not knowing if I need to drain the sump in advance.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh wow...took them 3 months to fix your sump???? I hope you agreed to the schedule cuz I would be ticked having a defective sump for this long and not knowing if I need to drain the sump in advance.
I don’t see it this way at all. I am grateful they came. Their shop is more than 1 1/2 hour away so they came when they could, because it wasn’t an emergency at all.

The sump wasn’t defective as I had done a temporary fix. It’s only a baffle so nothing to be concerned about, short term.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see it this way at all. I am grateful they came. Their shop is more than 1 1/2 hour away so they came when they could, because it wasn’t an emergency at all.

The sump wasn’t defective as I had done a temporary fix. It’s only a baffle so nothing to be concerned about, short term.
As long as you are ok with it.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed tonight my baffle was slanted. It is completely detached from the silicone. My sump is still under warranty so I’m hoping I don’t have any trouble getting it fixed.

But how do you empty it while still maintaining life in the tank ? And when it’s fixed, it needs to stay dry for at least 24 hours after siliconing, right ? Can this compromise the tank itself ?

I am so annoyed.

Short of emptying the sump and reinstalling the baffle, I don't know what to suggest. I would choose to pull the baffle and use it as is.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back