how can we upgrade the lab to the new upgraded settings?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Erric78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I saw a thread on reef builders that the new reefbot lab has an LED-off option, can we upgrade our devices to have this feature available?

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

The switch is mechanical, and directly linked to the mainboard. To add it to older devices, users would have to manually connect it to the LED's wire. In short, yes, we can provide all the necessary information if users have some electrical experience. Additionally, we're exploring the possibility of enabling software control for turning the lights off through the mobile app.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry to jump on this old tread
What comes with the upgrade kit

Thanks
Hello! The upgrade kit contains the following:

1- Complete testing chamber with a new photometer inside

2- Stirrer motor head containing stronger magnets with thicker size

3- LED lights switch

You can find the kit here:
Color Sensor, Stirrer, & LED switch Upgrade
https://www.reefkinetics.com/product/color-sensor-stirrer-led-switch-upgrade/

Our dear friend Deven has uploaded a video for the upgrade kit installation tutorial:

wizard261

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello! The upgrade kit contains the following:

1- Complete testing chamber with a new photometer inside

2- Stirrer motor head containing stronger magnets with thicker size

3- LED lights switch

You can find the kit here:
Color Sensor, Stirrer, & LED switch Upgrade
https://www.reefkinetics.com/product/color-sensor-stirrer-led-switch-upgrade/

Our dear friend Deven has uploaded a video for the upgrade kit installation tutorial:

So that is eveything to bring unit to Batch 6

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
@Reef Kinetics can't remember if I asked before, but what is the difference between the old color sensor and the version in the V6s? I'm sure it is a better and more accurate sensor, but are there parts numbers for the two so we could go read specs/data sheets on them? Just curious to see to see if the money/time justifies the upgrade.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Just got a used unit delivered
Which hose goes to the tank connection
My guess would be the long one
Hello, all hoses are of the same length. The inlet tube contains a filter. You can check the full manual here:

Attachments

• ReefBot Lab Manual v5&6.2024.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 6

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
@Reef Kinetics can't remember if I asked before, but what is the difference between the old color sensor and the version in the V6s? I'm sure it is a better and more accurate sensor, but are there parts numbers for the two so we could go read specs/data sheets on them? Just curious to see to see if the money/time justifies the upgrade.
Hello Frank, the new photometer is better suited for the device's purpose. However, please note that there is nothing wrong with the old sensor. The new sensor has some improvements that make it better. It can now interpolate color shades between two points more accurately. Additionally, the new sensor is positioned at the bottom and center of the chamber, which results in higher accuracy for tests that require low sample volumes, such as tests performed on only 1 or 2 ml of sample water. The wires of the sensor now are better insulated inside the chamber and the chamber is now elevated and shorter in length(same volume), which allows the new stirrer motorhead, with thicker magnets, to not hit the bottom of the chamber. Furthermore, the new stirrer motor head is closer to the vials and will stir some of the most viscous reagents more effectively.

wizard261

View Badges
Reaction score
HI
Thanks for reply on the tube length

Another issue is the machine found and connected to BT it says it is connected to my network but when I go to do a test it tells me it is not online

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
HI
Thanks for reply on the tube length

Another issue is the machine found and connected to BT it says it is connected to my network but when I go to do a test it tells me it is not online
Hello, is the issue still ongoing? What is the current status of the LED lights? Are they blinking blue or steady blue?

You can try restarting the device and ensuring that the LEDs have a steady blue color which indicates connectivity.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Blinking Tried that no go Never get steady blue
Hi there! Blinking blue light indicates that it has lost connectivity or is not connected. To resolve this issue, please restart your device. Once it starts blinking blue again, open the app and go to your device settings. From there, select "Edit WiFi Connection" and reconnect your device to your WiFi network. Make sure that the name and password of your WiFi network do not contain any special characters. If the issue persists, please share your email address with us and we will have one of our agents contact you to assist you further.
Regards,

wizard261

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi there! Blinking blue light indicates that it has lost connectivity or is not connected. To resolve this issue, please restart your device. Once it starts blinking blue again, open the app and go to your device settings. From there, select "Edit WiFi Connection" and reconnect your device to your WiFi network. Make sure that the name and password of your WiFi network do not contain any special characters. If the issue persists, please share your email address with us and we will have one of our agents contact you to assist you further.
Regards,
All that has been done Someone did contact me by email

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%

Back