How did it get out?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
5,397
Reaction score
9,946
Location
Clarksville, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd Diamond Goby in quarantine jumped! First one was crazy since I had an egg-crate lid. But this one?

I reinforced the egg-crate lid with a solid 1/8" plastic mesh! I also had a bottle of Vitamarin-M on the top for extra weight! I go to check on him this morning...and there he is on the floor! There is a small slit near where the filter flows water into the tank?

I'm thinking this is a useless venture. Even if I get a Diamond Goby thru quarantine, they will jump from the DT eventually! I really need something big enough to sift a lot of sand... any suggestions for alternatives?

20180401_083059.jpg

20180401_083107.jpg
 
Get a bella goby, it's like a diamond goby but 10x more spendy.

Or a bunch of conch. Tiger conch mix the sand up pretty well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new