How did you get started selling coral?

joefishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a dying goni for cheap. Fragged it and now it's taking up too much space in my tank. I need to start a frag tank or start looking to rehome them before they start stinging everything in my tank. I don't know where to start. I don't want to ship online. Just taking a store credit seems easiest, but my frags are 2-4x bigger than the ones I bought before. I'd feel like the hobby is getting ripped off because I wouldn't get as much money and someone else would have to pay more. Is it as simple as posting pictures on offer up with a price then saying bring your own bucket if its a good deal? Like $20 for a $45 sized frag from the lfs? It has cyan tentacles mouth and tips with dark purple/blue tentacles.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selling forum on this site or Facebook groups. Local people will just pick them up. Just need to buy some baggies.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I bought a dying goni for cheap. Fragged it and now it's taking up too much space in my tank. I need to start a frag tank or start looking to rehome them before they start stinging everything in my tank. I don't know where to start. I don't want to ship online. Just taking a store credit seems easiest, but my frags are 2-4x bigger than the ones I bought before. I'd feel like the hobby is getting ripped off because I wouldn't get as much money and someone else would have to pay more. Is it as simple as posting pictures on offer up with a price then saying bring your own bucket if its a good deal? Like $20 for a $45 sized frag from the lfs? It has cyan tentacles mouth and tips with dark purple/blue tentacles.
I know of a couple different coral farms that only sell on local Facebook groups in my area. They seem fairly successful at it too. You should see if there are any local groups in your area. Maybe Offerup?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back