How do I fix pH

itsnicholas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2023
Messages
53
Reaction score
8
Location
Waukesha
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the night time, my PH is around 7.8-7.7. However, during the day it is around 8.1-8.2. I am starting to see my PC rainbow SPS turn white and my fox flame SPS starting to turn a little white on one side. What can I do to fix this? I am dosing kalk as well. Should I have a co2 scrubber or have chaeto in my sump with the grow light on only at night? I do not want the chaeto to drop my nitrates.
 
I don’t see an issue with your pH.
The bleaching could be attributed to lighting or your tank parameters.
 
Your PH is absolutely fine. Mine is 7.7 at night and 8.0 - 8.1 at the end of the light cycle too. Coral growth without any issue. Acropora turning white could be STN or RTN or stress caused by parameter swing or even Acropora Eating Flatworm... Or maybe they starve if you are bottom out the nutrient (N and P) for a while.
Hope that help.
 
During the night time, my PH is around 7.8-7.7. However, during the day it is around 8.1-8.2. I am starting to see my PC rainbow SPS turn white and my fox flame SPS starting to turn a little white on one side. What can I do to fix this? I am dosing kalk as well. Should I have a co2 scrubber or have chaeto in my sump with the grow light on only at night? I do not want the chaeto to drop my nitrates.
Your issues do not sound like a PH problem.
But, how are you testing PH and was the device calibrated?

What else have you tested?
List what you can. Even the salinity.
 
Your PH is absolutely fine. Mine is 7.7 at night and 8.0 - 8.1 at the end of the light cycle too. Coral growth without any issue. Acropora turning white could be STN or RTN or stress caused by parameter swing or even Acropora Eating Flatworm... Or maybe they starve if you are bottom out the nutrient (N and P) for a while.
Hope that help.
IMG_0225.jpeg
IMG_0224 (1).jpeg
IMG_0223 (1).jpeg
IMG_0222 (1).jpeg


I have some worms that grew on the back of my tank and in my sump. On a lot of my corals I'm also seeing these long worm-like things pop up. Some look like little flowers like they sprouted, others not so much. The corals seem to be doing well, its just the PC rainbow and my fox flame. Any idea what these are and how to get rid of them?
 
Feather dusters? If so they are harmless filter feeders.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new