How Do I Frag WWC Bounce?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefhabit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefhabit

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
493
Reaction score
47
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here have any experience fragging bounce because I can sure use some help.
I have a 2" WWC Bounce on a 2" disk.
Question #1
Do I have to cut it in half right through the oral disk or can I just cut a quarter of it with a quarter of the oral disk?
Question #2
Do I cut the mushroom itself first with a razor and then cut the frag disk with a band saw?
Thanks!
 
Awesome. Thanks for that info.
So the rubber band has to placed over the oral disk or can that method work on any part of the mushroom?
Thank you!
 
Ive fragged my shrooms with good success cutting the foot from the base and the foot will grow. Sometimes if I sliced the disc in half it melted away.
 
I normally just razer the top of the mushroom off the rock. What is left grows a new one. Then I place the top in a shallow plastic container with rubble in it so they naturally attach. It takes about a week or so to attach. If you use course crushed coral it is easy to super glue onto a plug or rock.
 
Very hardy rhodactis. Slice it down the middle with a razor, then bandsaw the plug. You'll notice the bubbles deflate. Don't panic. It will be just fine.

I've noticed a lot of people with bounces now. Fast growing if you feed it. Very easy to frag. Wonder why the price is still $800 for a quarter size shroom. Must mean people are hanging onto their frags.
 
Awesome tips! Will this work with any mushroom? Or only certain types? Very interesting to use a rubber band. I'll have to try that method.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new