How do I frag.

Duraticate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use tweezers and grab the zoa and slowly and gently pull the zoa off. Then you can cutt the free flowing zoas from the others with a razor or scissors. Where your p.p.e. gloves safety glasses face shield ok maybe to much p.p.e.

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use tweezers and grab the zoa and slowly and gently pull the zoa off. Then you can cutt the free flowing zoas from the others with a razor or scissors. Where your p.p.e. gloves safety glasses face shield ok maybe to much p.p.e.
I take no chance with zoas/palys my son and dog arnt allowed in the room when I'm fragging then outside of the tank. Death by hobby isn't the way I want to go out lol

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually get a sharp razor blade and cut the flesh of the zoa you want off from the rest of the colony. Then i get the corner of the blade and try to get underneath the zoa and cut part of the rock off as well. You can usually chip, and force the blade to cut some of the rock under the zoa.

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the razor blade/scalpel and cut between the polyps and then take a bone/coral cutter and cut a chunk of rock from underneath it. I've had better luck when the polyps are attached to a piece of rock when fragging. The rock is usually soft enough to cut a piece off.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 92 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back