How do I tell when an sps is getting too much light?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps2cho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ps2cho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
881
Reaction score
270
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I moved one of my fuzzy sps off the frag rack and it's been a month now and it's still not as fuzzy as it was before. Could it be too much light in It's new Location?

How can I know for sure?
 
Usually sps can lighten in color, turn pale or bleach if too much light. Lack of polyp extension could be anything including nipping fish, pests, water parameters off, inverts irritating it, etc. I may just need more time to acclimate also.
 
So after 2 months if it's still not as happy as it was before then maybe move it down a little?
 
whats your par? or lux if you have a lux app on your phone

im at 450 at the water line and corals are 6- 7 inces below that and doing great
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new