How do you all take the amazing pictures of your coral

AJnanoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the hobby got my first two fish and a few corals tanks looking good clear and clean having good tests and then I try and take a picture on my phone and it’s bad. It’s blue I turn on the white and take the blue down and then they look super bland and crappy even tried doing a video and screen shots of that what’s the Secret.
Here are a photos I took so you can see what I’m talking about doesn't do it justice

86E7E44C-FBEB-4375-9F40-0720B0F7B89C.jpeg 8C0489F9-EBB3-45C2-A37E-AF64575EA552.jpeg

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Photography.

with phones

Thanks for sharing the informative videos! I especially enjoyed the topic of motion blur especially on mobile devices. Various display manufacturers attempt to control motion blur by inserting "bridged or transitioned" frames as well black screens slides between frames. The amount of "processing" a system/processor attempts to correct for motion blur obviously results in higher technology and pricing. The basic measures recommended attempt to minimize the amount of technology at the viewer's end. Simply conveying some end users utilize higher end processing and viewing and are able to see better from poor quality source. At the same time not everybody has the most advanced end user options. This issue is paramount in the area of web mastering and accounting for the average end user and what they may see. Last note, just because a video was captured perfectly in highest ultra hd available does not guarantee the experience if viewed through a monochorome monitor - for example. Most film today is recorded in limited amount of frames which is a Hollywood standard. Most film is not shot in such way to benefit the best visual displays; therefore, most advanced display compensate for less than optimum filming.

Billys_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
- clip on orange lens
- turn leds to all blues/uvs
- change your phone camera white balance to 10k
- bonus: increase your saturation levels/white balance in a photo edit app

That's how most of the vendors do it and then crank up the saturation levels to give you that "holy grail" coral

Sonatine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Photography.

with phones

This helps so much. It helped me to understand why I take great cat photos with my phone but my tank pictures all turn out like hot, blue-tinted garbage.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like I'll need to pick up some lenses... or maybe a camera lol

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 43 43.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 49 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%

Back