How do you attach large acro colonies to rocks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bct15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
2,847
Reaction score
169
Location
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large piece of a coloring up milli colony that came unglued tonight, I plan to reattach it tomorrow but was wondering if there is a better way. I typically just put generous amounts of super glue on a smaller rock, stick the base of the coral in the glue and let it dry. I then use a layer of super glue - epoxy - super glue to attach the small rock to my larger rocks. This method works ok for me but there has to be a better way for me and the coral, do what do you guys do? Can I just use the super glue - epoxy -super glue to attach the coral to my main rocks?


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
I do cg coral glue, aqua stick epoxy, coral glue


120 gallon reef
45g clown anemone

So you basically apply the epoxy directly to the corals? Does it ever have any ill side effects, some of my coral will not grow on epoxy(zoas) and some will but using epoxy directly on this milli would make my life a lot easier. Anybody else do that?


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Bump, it's about a four inch branch with a bunch of branches starting to table from the top making it real top heavy, I guess it growing is what made it come unglued. With a big torque at the base because of the heavy top.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
I have put epoxy right on my acros before, they dont seem to mind it anymore than the super glue gel. I do gel , epoxy , gel on a smaller rock then use the rock to position it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new