How do you change T5 bulbs/tubes/lamps?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ngvu1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2014
Messages
2,254
Reaction score
1,044
Location
Orange County, CA, USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been changing 1 or 2 bulbs out of the set at a time since .... for ever. I take the fixture down, flip it over, take the splash guard off, replace the bulb with the new date written on it. My other light fixtures have legs, so it is not easy but I can manage. I am using ATI fixture now and the thing is hanging on 2 strings. Taking it down when there is a pool of salt water down below is not a fun thing to do. Any tricks to avoid this route of taking the fixture down?


I am going to youtube right after :-)
 
How come you can't change the bulbs while it's hanging? Too close to the water?
 
8 inches above water. I guess I could. I just never had hanging T5 before so I ask for suggestions. Some reefers are quite smart; they so me things I never thought off before.
How come you can't change the bulbs while it's hanging? Too close to the water?
 
I used to have an ATI Sunpower over my 75G. I always left it hanging. The splash shield slides out quite easily and it's a simple matter to change the bulbs with the fixture in place.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new