How do you clean your glass?

MapleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve seen many different methods to clean glass, I was wondering how everyone else does it, without putting scratches in it?

A73439DE-D9C7-48FF-9DC8-B1AA344362D4.jpeg

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of those metal scraping blades and I apply as little pressure as possible and scrape clean. I use a mag float a time or two a week to prevent major build up of coraline algae.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Razor blade for the back painted pain of glass. Magfloat for the rest of the tank. Then wipe the outside glass with warm water and dry right away for no streaks.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for the outside glass, I use Kent Marine Glass/Acrylic Cleaner & Polisher. This stuff makes your glass vitually invisible on a standard tank (no starphire glass). The only downside is that it leaves a coating over the glass that you can't see until you wipe it with a dry cloth, water runs down the glass, ect... Then after a while it'll look like a white film that is almost impossible to get off unless you just reapply it. Once reapplied, it goes back to HD tank viewing.

I would recommend it for the side glass( outside) but not the top glass. The white film can distort light if left like that. Great stuff though...

Kent-Marine-Acrylic-Glass-Cleaner-Polisher-8oz-1.jpg

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah even using the glass cleaner without ammonia it’s safe to spray in another room. I’ve never had an issue with cleaners or what not as long as you spray the paper towel and not straight in the air.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back