How do you clean your tank?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have glass and acrylic tanks and here’s how I clean them. Wonder if others doing it differently and perhaps others have better routines.

I always take a warm/hot shower and scrub my hands/arms pretty good without any soap.

I use magic erasers to clean the inside of both acrylic and glass tank. I use a credit card to remove coraline algae on acrylic and regular metal scrapper on the glass tank.

Then I clean the sumps on both tanks and syphon out about 10-15g on each tank. (10-15%)

I don’t clean the sandbeds. Lastly, top it off with water mixed overnight.

Let me hear if someone does it different or something I am doing is wrong or could be better. Thx

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don’t bother with a shower.

I scrape 3 sides of the glass I don’t bother with the back glass. I mix my water the morning of the change. I don’t syphon the sand.

The HOB filter and skimmer get cleaned about every 3 months and the power heads get cleaned about twice a year.

My water change is usually done within 30 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don’t bother with a shower.

I scrape 3 sides of the glass I don’t bother with the back glass. I mix my water the morning of the change. I don’t syphon the sand.

The HOB filter and skimmer get cleaned about every 3 months and the power heads get cleaned about twice a year.

My water change is usually done within 30 minutes.
HHaha nice. There’s no routine for me to clean any powerhead or return pump till there’s something wrong or toooooo dirty

Last edited by a moderator:

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I siphon out all of the detritus and food while changing water. I don't like scraping glass and blowing off rocks during the same water change because it could up the water too much

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 166 61.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.1%
Back