How do you tell what a coral actually looks like?

MarsReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to figure out what torch I want to buy next. I have most of what my LFS has to offer outside of crazy expensive ones, but I can't for the life of me figure out what is the "real" coloration of some of these. For instance I was looking at dragon soul torches. These are all labeled as dragon soul yet there are probably 6 completely different coloration shown across different sellers... which one does it actually look like? Is there any way to tell?

1702433722994.png

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to figure out what torch I want to buy next. I have most of what my LFS has to offer outside of crazy expensive ones, but I can't for the life of me figure out what is the "real" coloration of some of these. For instance I was looking at dragon soul torches. These are all labeled as dragon soul yet there are probably 6 completely different coloration shown across different sellers... which one does it actually look like? Is there any way to tell?

1702433722994.png
Apart from asking the seller to photograph it under a similar light to what you'll be using (and use appropriate filters for the photo), not really.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back