How do you test phosphate?

Fisherman Joe

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2015
Messages
749
Reaction score
235
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that keeping consistent, low <0.1 ppm phosphate, but not zero, to be super tricky.

I had a reef factory smart tester for a year and it tested PO4 great, then it just stopped working and gives the same result of 0.01 no matter what - cost me about 15 sps colonies before I figured it out too.

I want something simple and ideally automated.
 
The only test that ever worked for me was the Hanna UL Phosphorus Checker.

Takes about 5 minutes, end to end.
 
Just use a hanna checker, as mentioned. I like the ultra low one. I try and keep my readings below 15. or about .002 ish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new