How exactly do Apex alarm/notifications work

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased an Apex (A3) jr, and after setting up the probes, it was odd to me how the alarm/notification was created for the PH probe.

In the fist screenshot, I configured the PH probe alarm to alert when the values are below or above the threshold I specified. Seems simple enough and that's all I expected it to be.

Img 01
Probe Alarm.png

In the second screenshot, there is an alert configuration which is controlling the PH probe alarm in the previous image. Which seems unnecessary to me.

Img 02
Alert Config.png

I know this because when I switched that configuration (EMAILALM_15) off, I no longer get alerts for that PH probe alert.

Img 03
Alarm dashboard.png

The next screenshot is just to confirm I have notifications enabled for the app.

Img 04
Notification settings.png

So, to summarize, is the behavior I'm seeing by design and expected? I assumed that this type of configuration would have something more like "IF", ">", "<", similar to the examples I've seen in the manual. Also, does this mean there isn't a completed notification alarm for temperature?

Another thing I was wondering is if there some type of reference sheet of all the acronyms used to created code for configurations? I've skimmed through the entire user manual and read the quick reference guide but I have a feeling it's not complete. For example, what exactly does 'Lwr' and 'Upr' mean? I'm assuming Switch 1 Lower, and Switch 2 Upper- but that isn't mentioned anywhere? I looked through the Neptune forums stickies and didn't find anything.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The email alarm and the push notifications from the alarms set by your probes are the exact same thing it’s just called two different things and can be done from two different spots but it is literally the same thing you are not going to receive an email you were going to receive a push notification from either

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update for any curious:

For some reason, out of the box, there were two FMM configurations when only one was needed, this was causing a weird conflict and sending odd notifications and alarms due to there being a duplicate line of code; If "If Sw1Lwr OPEN then ON, If Sw2Upr OPEN then ON". Because of that I turned off that default EMAILALM_15 configuration.

Turns out that despite having the ability to customize alert settings through Tasks, or the probe itself, without having that default EMAILALM_15 enabled, it will not send alerts or notifications- it's essentially a master switch for ALL alerts and notifications.

In conclusion, the fix was to remove one of those lines of code and turn the EMAILALM_15 to auto.

Upvote 0

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update for any curious:

For some reason, out of the box, there were two FMM configurations when only one was needed, this was causing a weird conflict and sending odd notifications and alarms due to there being a duplicate line of code; If "If Sw1Lwr OPEN then ON, If Sw2Upr OPEN then ON". Because of that I turned off that default EMAILALM_15 configuration.

Turns out that despite having the ability to customize alert settings through Tasks, or the probe itself, without having that default EMAILALM_15 enabled, it will not send alerts or notifications- it's essentially a master switch for ALL alerts and notifications.

In conclusion, the fix was to remove one of those lines of code and turn the EMAILALM_15 to auto.
Well, I’m glad you got it fixed. I wish you would’ve said you were not receiving notifications when I asked you what your issue was, because I could’ve easily told you to put it to auto, but either way you’re on the right path now.

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back