How far is your nearest LFS?

Tom@HaslettMI

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2011
Messages
483
Reaction score
95
Location
Michigan
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, I'm wondering how far away is the closest reef shop as well as your favorite reef shop?

I consider myself quite lucky as the nearest (and my favorite) LFS is about a 10 minute drive from my house.

Tom
 
I have 4 actual LFS shops within 10 mins of any which way I go.. This is not including Petco and the other chains.. I consider myself Luck.
 
About 5 mins away. We have 4 LFS in my area and all are nice...well I live in a town where east to west takes about 30-40mins drive :)
 
Nearest to me is Petco at 2 miles (they do have a SW section), next is 6 miles, but I really only shop at my favorite store which is about 20 miles or 40 minutes on a good day.
 
We have one local shop with very little aquarium stuff and absolutely no reef stuff. Nearest reef store is 100 miles one way.
 
Closest about 10 minute freeway drive and about 5 others within a 45 minute drive. My favorite is about 45 minutes away so I never get a chance to go there.
 
i use to live right across the street from our reef store. but since i bought a house i am now 20 mins from it. lets say im saving a ton of money now.
 
Closest is an hour but I also drive 3 hours to a few that are really good.

That's one way.
 
So, I'm wondering how far away is the closest reef shop as well as your favorite reef shop?

I consider myself quite lucky as the nearest (and my favorite) LFS is about a 10 minute drive from my house.

Tom

I think my favorite and your favorite are one in the same but I must travel 3hrs/200 mi one way to get there.…
There are no decent LFS anywhere within 199 miles of my residence
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new