How fast do ricordea grow?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am not ricordia expert so I will just bump this for you. I would say though that decent flow would aid in reproduction maybe? LOL!

Legion Aire

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean grow to full size or begin to reproduce/clone themselves? I think feeding them at least weekly helps them along, but this is just my opinion, and I am by no means an expert.

As far as making them split or reproduce I usually wait till the animal has multiple mouths, and then I stress them out, by overturning the rock they are attached to. This forces the animal to move to get itself back into the light, and usually they tend to split at that time, but sometimes not.

Last edited:

victornator333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you definitely can feed them to make them grow faster. Its trick though, because you need to have basically no flow during feedings and make sure no other things come and eat the food off of them because they are slow eaters

Tank102a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that you can out a rubber band between the two attached mouths and that will make them split too

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some rics dont like getting cut the best way to get more is to cut the "foot" just turn the roch when it starts moving cut its foot behind it they turn into baby rics within 2-4 weeks

FlexNoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for this info. I am new and have a recordia yuma. The frag had two shrooms so I cut one off from the foot to place it somewhere else (I lost that one overnight, I guess I didn’t glue it down enough). In its place, the foot grew two new heads almost overnight and now a third in a part of the drag rock where I hadn’t even seen a part of a foot. My point is, I had no idea how these things propagate. I thought they just split…

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back