how high is too high calcium?

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
overnight my apex dos never stopped running and dumped 2l of triton core7 btl2 (calcium) into the tank. I understand water changes are in order, but how high is too high CA for an SPS dominate tank? Testing with Apex Trident, my CA is now at 750ppm and Mg 1479.

OP
OP
ChadmRoman

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a bit of calcium. Is that what the calcium level is or did the Trident just max out?
That’s a good question, will have to ask neptune when they call me about the dos and why it won’t stop.
If that is the CA level I may be able to let it come down naturally and monitoring Alk along the way.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@blaxsun when trident is maxed out it is out of range, so the reading is 750ppm
That's not ideal, but I don't know if it's detrimental? I mean, it's going to come down with every water change you make anyway. What does the graph say for the calcium dosing? Can you see where it went AWOL?

OP
OP
ChadmRoman

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does the graph say for the calcium dosing? Can you see where it went AWOL?
Graph shows as normal unfortunately and can only say it happened during the 2am dosing Timeframe since at midnight CA was normal.

neptune says hardware issue, so sending in the dos. Figure its the head but it will give me time to question why it siphoned all the solution.
I really would like to allow this to come down as naturally as possible and reduce water changes, what level of Ca is too high? Alk fine, mg a bit elevated, but that’s to be expected.

Back