How is everyone mounting their SPS

I superglue my fraggs to a piece of rock or rock rubble out of my sump after they have grown to where I need them from the fragg rack. Looks more natural and I can still move them if needed.
 
Always superglue. Easy and minimal damage to the bottom side tissue.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1448549975.725864.jpg
 
I am one of the "don't like frag plugs" also.. Any frags i had gotten, I immediately took them off, with a much encrusted material as possible. I was only using water weld, until a friend showed me how to CA and water weld. It is working excellent on just about any angle i have tried. And the water weld, seems to get the fastest beginning encrusting..
Is that water weld from j-b weld
 
I am one of the "don't like frag plugs" also.. Any frags i had gotten, I immediately took them off, with a much encrusted material as possible. I was only using water weld, until a friend showed me how to CA and water weld. It is working excellent on just about any angle i have tried. And the water weld, seems to get the fastest beginning encrusting..
ok and what is the trick ( Ca and water weld?)
 
I've used many of the listed techniques here. Actually I often use one that isn't listed as well. Sometimes I take a frag without a plug and just wedge it in a hole or small crevice. I usually do this when I'm not quite sure where I want it, but often it stays there and encrusts. There is no glue or plugs involved and with time the coral cements itself. I have lost coral this way as sometimes they are knocked over, but I've had that happen even with nicely glued or epoxied frags when large snails come through.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new