how is the GHL KHD compared to Alkatronic ?

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how is the GHL KHD compared to Alkatronic ?

in terms of accuracy and consistency ?

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Will add an aquarium automated tester to my next tank.

george7523

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the GHL KHD for around half a year. my tank is only 13.5 gallon plus a 20 gallon sump. I was quite disappointed by KHD. I also have a hanna alk checker and I am very precise when it comes to using hanna checker and it's always very accurate in terms of it correlating with how much alk i'm dosing where as KHD is frustratingly unpredictable. it is always off by at least 0.3 to 0.5 dkh. the readings occassionally match hanna checker but most of the time doesn't. I know hanna checker reading to be more accurate because i would test after i dose alk, and hanna reads it right where as khd doesn't. its reading is always very unpredictably random. when i ask about this on their forum, i was told it's due to user error. But I am very precise when it comes to using hanna checker. cleaning glass, always inserting the tube the same orientation before and after adding reagent. khd uses its pump and there is a great deal of inconsistency in the tubing it uses and the lengths. the pump themselves although accurate does occasionally needs tuning and have been know to get stuck.. also length of the intake tubing is a variable for error as well. Just really not reliable at all in my opionion. the forums also prevents you from using certain phrases such as "frustrating" as well. just overall not very pleasant experience for me. i've recently ordered a alkatronic, hearing great reviews. i've yet to hook it up. will update here when i get to it.

george7523

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i still have the khd and the doser 2.1 sa. but it's been offline for a long time. just a expensive paper weight. plan on selling it here. maybe someone else will have better luck with it

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back