How is your current quarantine tank set up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter House
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Just a 20L with a 250w MH over it

1db8dbbd.jpg
 
for me I buy healthy fish and treat with antibacterial when acclimating.
99% of qt techniques cause more stress, stress causes loss of slime coat and that is what causes a fish to get sick.

think of it like going to the doctor. they treat symptoms, which is great but wont necessarily fix what is causing the problem.

a fish with a healthy slimecoat wont get sick. always buy healthy specimens and cause them as little stress as possible

QT is not just about diseases/parasites. It can also be about making sure the critter is eating, or getting it to get a certain kind of food. Having a QT/HT also means having the ability to take a fish or critter out of your display and put it somewhere safe. Overall I think it is about how you QT, how your set up is and what kind of critter your put in it. Obviously if I put a full grown tang of any kind in my 15g column, it will be stressed to no end. But the fish I have QTed (gumdrop coral croucher, tribal blenny, randalls goby) do just fine. So being smart about it can be a key factor.
 
Here is my current QT. 20 long, maxi jet 900, titanium heater, Aquaclear HOB with seeded sponge, some seeded clay pots and old dead sps skeletons, a bowl with sand and an eggcrate/screen top for some wrasses I have coming in. I observe for 4 weeks and if any disease arises I treat with copper as needed.

null_zpsee96a7cf.jpg
 
Your aquarium looks beautiful!

Once I have setup 5 gal, 55 gal freshwater tank and have some aquarium bowls. Now I want to setup a 10 gallon aquarium that I have checked out the details at https://fishboxpro.com/best-fish-tank/10-gallon-fish-tank (Aqueon Aquarium Fish Tank Starter Kits with LED Lighting). Actually my wife selected this one, but yet I am confused which one I will select. There is more devices and this aquarium kit is better looking than the others. Any suggestion?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new