How likely would shrimp tangled with anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dawneme
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dawneme

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2026
Messages
53
Reaction score
18
Location
Indonesia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i was looking for anemone shrimps in my lfs for a nem tank im making, i instead find 2 shrimps called handerson hinge beak shrimp and banded coral shrimps, im thinking to buy them as alternate to the nem shrimps, but would they get tangled and then eaten by the nems?

My tank is a 20 gall standard and itll have 3 green btas, 1 long tentacle, and 1 mini maxi
 
I used to have a banded shrimp in my tank that also has a somewhat aggressive long tentacle anemone. He never went near the nem. I have a cleaner shrimp right now which keeps stealing food from that aggressive nem. The nem keeps trying to eat the shrimp bjt never gets close. I'd say its pretty safe. Idk about mini maxi though
 
Lost a fire cleaner to nem. And it was a big one! Possibly even my maroon at the time might have taken it to the nem. Hard to say. I wouldn’t even have known what took place had I not seen the last part of the tail going into the nems mouth.

Had a picture of it when it took place. Don’t know where I placed it. Haha.
 
Lost a fire cleaner to nem. And it was a big one! Possibly even my maroon at the time might have taken it to the nem. Hard to say. I wouldn’t even have known what took place had I not seen the last part of the tail going into the nems mouth.
It was already dead or on its way out.
 
I see, thanks for the inputs
 
It was already dead or on its way out.

Healthy as can be the night before. And actively eating mysis form my pipette feeder.

Lost a flame angle to a nem, a mandarin, and a powder blue that was about 2.5-3”. The nem was 7-9” depending on how it felt that day haha.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new