HOW LONG CAN CORAL GO WITHOUT LIGHT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Atomins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Atomins

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2018
Messages
72
Reaction score
16
Location
Lehigh valley
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys im just wondering how long healthy coral can go without light, having an algae issue and was gonna just shut the lights off for a few days and see what happens
 
I’ve known people to do complete blackouts for 3-5 days depending on the severity of the issue. And the corals were completely fine
 
I have been battling dinoflagellates over last 3 months. I have done several 3 day black outs and have not had any issues.
 
My lights were out for over a week without any issues at all. High light is much more dangerous than low light or no light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new