How long do you go in-between water changes?

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
589
Reaction score
542
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to keep it at every 2 weeks but sometimes it will go to 3 depending on how buy my schedule is. The longest I let it go is a month but I do pretty large water changes (around 50%) each time so I do not fret too much about it.
 
13 gallons in the 180 every week. I try to make it "Water Change Wednesday" but usually it shifts by a day or so depending on my personal appointments. But every week or so. I don't like to let it go more than 10 days.
 
Depends on the tank. Some tanks per week, while on one tank almost every day (It is an automated system don't worry lol).
 
On my 40 oz pico I do a 50% water change once a week and change the floss twice a week. Freshwater top offs happen about 2-3 x a week but it takes like 2 seconds so not a big deal.

The 6 gallon gets a change either every week or every 2 weeks, I haven’t really decided which is better yet. Kind of leaning toward every other week. And there’s an ATO for in the meantime.

I also have a 2 gallon “tank of shame” where the menaces of reef society live, baby gorilla crabs and a decorator crab. I’ve never changed the water on that, but to be fair it’s only a month old. Only freshwater top offs so far.
 
I do a 3-5 gallon water change on my 26 weekly
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new