How long does API General Cure last in the tank?

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I have been dosing API General Cure binded with SeaChem Focus to treat for internal parasites. I do run carbon, but the last time I changed it was a week ago when I started the treatment. I was wondering how long I should wait until adding any worms to my tank like featherdusters and the like?

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Recently I have been dosing API General Cure binded with SeaChem Focus to treat for internal parasites. I do run carbon, but the last time I changed it was a week ago when I started the treatment. I was wondering how long I should wait until adding any worms to my tank like featherdusters and the like?

May be tough to say. I would run carbon, and do at least two x 50% water changes before I added invertebrates. Then I would buy a "tester" and see how they do.

Based on the dosing guidelines,i would imagine that GC is effective for about 3 days.

I bet the guys/gals in the fish disease forum could give you a much better answer to your question.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back