How long for Acro to recover from dour mood?

jeffww

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nice tenuis frag that was blue and green for a few months. Then during my water change I poured cold (60F) water directly over it on accident. Since then it has browned out and I haven't seen any polyps for about 3 weeks. It still reacts to food/aminos by releasing mesenterial filiments but does not have any PE and is still brown.

How long should I expect to wait for this guy to recover? Another month? Half a year?

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brightest most fluorescent coral (diablo milli colony) didn't like my nitrate spike and turned completely green overnight. It's been 2 months and just now starting to get it's color back.

I had a frag of my orange passion, I clipped it and took it out to glue onto a plug and dropped it. When I climbed down off my ladder to pick it up I kicked it under the the baseboard trim in the ONLY area I had recently pulled up to expand. Long story short it was covered in dust and almost completely dry by the time I got it out. It took almost two years to color back up but I just kept it in a frag rack to see if it would survive and now it's starting to form into a mini colony.

Long story short, as long as it's not losing flesh it will eventually recover and it may take months.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brightest most fluorescent coral (diablo milli colony) didn't like my nitrate spike and turned completely green overnight. It's been 2 months and just now starting to get it's color back.

I had a frag of my orange passion, I clipped it and took it out to glue onto a plug and dropped it. When I climbed down off my ladder to pick it up I kicked it under the the baseboard trim in the ONLY area I had recently pulled up to expand. Long story short it was covered in dust and almost completely dry by the time I got it out. It took almost two years to color back up but I just kept it in a frag rack to see if it would survive and now it's starting to form into a mini colony.

Long story short, as long as it's not losing flesh it will eventually recover and it may take months.
You give me hope, I always throw out my beaten up SPS Frags (Not dead, but awful looking)
Recently I restarted the Tank and Threw out some Damaged Frags.
The Tank really took off (positively) and where I cut off the Frags, there is come back, just from that little bit left (which I thought was dead)
WISH I NEVER THREW out some of those Hard to get SPS (realizing now they could have recovered)
I did keep a few damaged SPS, place at back of tank with hope that someday (they might recover...Even if I have to wait a year+)

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You give me hope, I always throw out my beaten up SPS Frags (Not dead, but awful looking)
Recently I restarted the Tank and Threw out some Damaged Frags.
The Tank really took off (positively) and where I cut off the Frags, there is come back, just from that little bit left (which I thought was dead)
WISH I NEVER THREW out some of those Hard to get SPS (realizing now they could have recovered)
I did keep a few damaged SPS, place at back of tank with hope that someday (they might recover...Even if I have to wait a year+)

Yup, it has to be fully white for me to get rid of it. I just move it to a small frag rack in the tank and try to forget about it. They usually always recover. I have had some ugly ones come back from the dead in a big big way and when they do they take off big time. Unless I see clear STN or RTN then I know the frag will most likely always recover.

QQYmTco.jpg

McEAnkv.jpg

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, it has to be fully white for me to get rid of it. I just move it to a small frag rack in the tank and try to forget about it. They usually always recover. I have had some ugly ones come back from the dead in a big big way and when they do they take off big time. Unless I see clear STN or RTN then I know the frag will most likely always recover.

QQYmTco.jpg

McEAnkv.jpg

:( :( :(

You have no idea how upset I am that I threw out Two frags (thinking I could just replace them)...yet they were alive (not bleached).

I went back (this week) to they guy (Reef Raft Canada) where I got them originally, and he told me Both Colonies were SOLD to overseas. Never to be gotten again. (The Papi-Chulo (left), was a rare find)

This is what they looked like while they were doing good. Grew from tiny tiny frags.

2020-03-16_papiANDscorpion.jpg

Arrggh!!!

I'm kicking myself hard for this Really Dumb mistake!!!

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( :( :(

You have no idea how upset I am that I threw out Two frags (thinking I could just replace them)...yet they were alive (not bleached).

I went back (this week) to they guy (Reef Raft Canada) where I got them originally, and he told me Both Colonies were SOLD to overseas. Never to be gotten again. (The Papi-Chulo (left), was a rare find)

This is what they looked like while they were doing good. Grew from tiny tiny frags.

2020-03-16_papiANDscorpion.jpg

Arrggh!!!

I'm kicking myself hard for this Really Dumb mistake!!!

I hear ya! Learning from mistakes is enlightening and heartbreaking at the same time. :)

OP
OP
J

jeffww

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'll just let it sit there for a few months. If it starts to STN should I just let it stay there and see if it survives or should I intervene and snip it apart and frag the good parts.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 171 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back