How long for candy canes to recover?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some candy canes that have recently become super super mad for some reason. They deflated one day when I raised the pH of the water by 0.2 over about three days and now have slowly been reinflating during the day but looking like crap at night. Before and after pics attached. Any idea what the issue is and when they could possibly, if at all, recover to pre-mad state? They have been in my tank for 8 months. Good photos are months old. They've gone from nearly dead (2 heads) to nearly 20 mouths now in that time. Not sure why my images are upside down and I can't change it.

tempImageviyd7Z.png tempImageYwHkWC.png tempImage4ODKXG.png tempImageYEdudL.png tempImage7U44L1.png tempImageJt9hwO.png
 
Update: Photos of them looking bad are after my lights have gone blue I just switched them back over for pics. They inflate a little during the day.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new