How long to let them clownfish battle?

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a capuple weeks back about my purchase of 2 New tank raised onyx perc clownfish. They came from a tank of many. When I got home they were battling. A lot spinning in circles face to face. Someone suggested taking one out and trying to fatten one up. I pulled one out in a QT for about 2 weeks but can’t say one really fattened up though. They are funny eaters. Anyhow’ getting tired of this process I put them back together yesterday first day seemed great. Swimming together. Peaks here and there It this morning they are back to face to face and rapid swimming around each other in tight circles. Question is how long should I wait till they figure this out? Or when do I need to pull one out and who knows what?

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say if they're not physically damaging each other and still eating okay, let them go at it.

OP
OP
moz71

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I am thinking! Like 2 kids, they have to work it out. Unless I see one really in jeopardy, I will only be pulling one out

Monkeytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, unless you see visible signs of damage and one that is clearly losing, I'd let them sort it out. The winner will get bigger on "her" own.

evolve29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a capuple weeks back about my purchase of 2 New tank raised onyx perc clownfish. They came from a tank of many. When I got home they were battling. A lot spinning in circles face to face. Someone suggested taking one out and trying to fatten one up. I pulled one out in a QT for about 2 weeks but can’t say one really fattened up though. They are funny eaters. Anyhow’ getting tired of this process I put them back together yesterday first day seemed great. Swimming together. Peaks here and there It this morning they are back to face to face and rapid swimming around each other in tight circles. Question is how long should I wait till they figure this out? Or when do I need to pull one out and who knows what?

My orange bloods does that. The female chases the male and he swims in a circle before swimming away or going into a submissive seizure. I wouldn’t do anything if there is no physical harm. My turned out fine and the female tolerates the male to a certain extent now but my anemone is big enough to share.

OP
OP
moz71

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well! Happy to report they FINALLY stopped battling. Only see one tiny nipped tail but they just “in one moment” started swimming along side each other and happy. It was really nice to see them come for food because they barely ate while the were fighting

ShaunRobinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well! Happy to report they FINALLY stopped battling. Only see one tiny nipped tail but they just “in one moment” started swimming along side each other and happy. It was really nice to see them come for food because they barely ate while the were fighting
My 2 have been together 9 years now. They are a bonded spawning pair.

They still fight every now and again. Go figure...

Back