How long will anemone survive with no light

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chris8232
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chris8232

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2017
Messages
193
Reaction score
112
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light went out last night. I ordered a part to fix it. But I leave town for a week on Monday. Will my three anemones be ok with out light for 7 days or so?Carpet,bubble,Lta
 
Can't say for certain, but BRS made a good point in a video I watched recently where they note that fish, corals and anemones will go a week or two without light.
 
Is it possible for someone to open the blinds for natural sunlight for a period of time?
I know algae could be an issue tho, I did watch the vid he is referring to above.
But even in rain storms ect some light is coming through still, I would try for some natural light if possible at least?
 
That's a tough call. I'm inclined to say it wont be an issue. You could pick up some other type of fixture in the meantime-
Coralife makes CFL 50/50 bulbs (or they used to) that plug into regular sockets. Put a couple of those over the tank with some shop light fixtures and it would help.
 
Is it possible for someone to open the blinds for natural sunlight for a period of time?
I know algae could be an issue tho, I did watch the vid he is referring to above.
But even in rain storms ect some light is coming through still, I would try for some natural light if possible at least?
That's what I'm gonna try and hope my other half will help keep up while I'm gone! Figure somethings better than nothing.
 
Even some par 38 bulbs on pendants might get you through.
 
All survived !! 6 days no light.Carpet was the only walker. It moved all the way up the back wall at the top of the tank. BTA turned slightly orange in color but never moved. She says she open the curtains one of the days... looks like I'm in the clear for now.
 
Nice, glad they survived. Go easy on the lights for a few weeks. Don't want to bleach them out in case they increased their zoos.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new