How long without filter sock?

Wilkerson.reed

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
188
Reaction score
22
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 14 and got a sump a few months ago... I threw away my old filter sock thinking I could just replace it but I apparently don't have any and I can't get another one for a little while... I have a filter cartridge with carbon in it right where the overflow water is coming from... How long will this last?
 
A lot of people don't run filter socks at all.
 
I don't run one, and never have, I just try to get most of the detritus out when I do a water change
 
Take your time. No socks needed but I do like having the option
 
The problem is not how long you can go without socks, it's the other way around how long can you leave the same sock in.
 
Ive just disposed of mine, been a month.

The only issue is everything settles in the sump. I remove it once a month.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new