How many berghia Nudis should I get?

  • Thread starter Thread starter G_Lows
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

G_Lows

Glows
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
260
Reaction score
97
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty bad aptasia infestation. Tank is a 31 gallon AIO. I have a local guy that sells berghia nudis, he says he has medium sized ones available. I was thinking of getting 2, but he recommended 4. Thoughts on how many I should get? I've never used them before so I have no idea. Thanks is advance!
 
Berghias are great. Wiped out my aiptasia. Id say 4 med they reproduce in tank just follow the acclimation directions and place the container they are in in the tank against a rock. They will find their way out. At first u won’t see much but over time. Few months for me xl300 system and they were all gone. Good luck
 
I’d go 4

4 medium will reproduce and clean out a 30 gal in no time

probably 2 months

Make sure you have no Wrasses or shrimp
 
I house a Melanarus wrasse and a blood shrimp. No issues. Just add them at night they will leave the container and go into the rock. They are active at night. So I should b ok. Also when they are done w the aiptasia u will see them out during the day. Collect them and pass them on or else they will die off
 
I’ve had six lines and lineatus wipe out Berghia

I hear peppermints will
Do the same
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new