How Many Male Flasher Wrasses in 70g?

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am searching for wrasses to add to my 70g display tank. I asked my wife to pick out a fish that she likes, and she came up with a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse. I was thinking about choosing between a couple others, but I want my wife to become somewhat invested in my love for the hobby, so I'd like to pick up a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse. I'd also like to get one or two more that I want.

The dimensions of my tank are roughly 36" long, 24" wide, and 24" tall. Is this enough room for a couple of males?

leroy_jenkinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am searching for wrasses to add to my 70g display tank. I asked my wife to pick out a fish that she likes, and she came up with a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse. I was thinking about choosing between a couple others, but I want my wife to become somewhat invested in my love for the hobby, so I'd like to pick up a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse. I'd also like to get one or two more that I want.

The dimensions of my tank are roughly 36" long, 24" wide, and 24" tall. Is this enough room for a couple of males?

Most other flashers, depending on exact species many of the flasher wrasse species work or small Halichoeres

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally even the smaller wrasses (outside of Possum or Pygmgy) prefer a 4 foot long tank, but I think a single Flasher could work in there. You definitely don't want to pair up males of similar species or they will kill each other. I would go with a Flasher and a small Halichoeres (provided you have a sand bed) such as the Yellow or Red Lined Wrasse.

408Dartfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a single flasher in my 3ft tank I couldn’t imagine another flasher in there with him. He’s linespot flasher very active and curious but doesn’t always play nice

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back