How many par 38 bulbs i need

  • Thread starter Thread starter Batt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Batt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
171
Reaction score
22
Location
cleveland ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im setting up a 40 Breeder frag tank and need to know how many Par 38 bulbs i will need . I was thinking 2 will be good for a frag tank but not really sure. 40 Breeder is 36 x 18 x 16
The frag will be on a egg crate thats 5 to 7inchs high and 28 inch long
 
You will need quite a few for decent coverage and power. I have never been a fan of them as I have seen too many of them fail and I no longer carry them because of that.
 
You will need quite a few for decent coverage and power. I have never been a fan of them as I have seen too many of them fail and I no longer carry them because of that.

Really so thats out then. What would you say for a DIY kit a 24 led kit or more
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new