How many Peppermint shrimps should I get?

I had a serious aiptasia problem in my tank! 100s of them in my 155gal. I used 4 peppermint shrimp, a copperband butterfly and aiptasia x. Let me tell you aiptasia was eradicated within a month completely!
 
Thanks Crabby. I was seriously considering a Filefish, but I don't want to take the risk with my corals. Corals are challenging enough without have something chowing down on them!
I just got a Filefish from Biota last week. This thing came in very small and the one before from Liveaquaria did eat any Aiptasia. I dont think they eat corals at least my are not
 
I have a125 gal got a filefish ate almost everyone then ate my corals so got rid of him. Then aptasia came back. Got 3 shrimp and cleaned tank clean. Guess I got lucky with them.
 
Hi check out algae barn they claim that the peppermint shrimp they aquaculture eat aptasia I just ordered one so I will find out if what they say is true.
 
This is really the crux of the matter!. What is the likelihood that a Peppermint Shrimp will eat Aptasia? I'd like to know the ACTUAL PROBABILITY!
I have a rsm250 65g. There was about 20 aptasias if not more that were in between rock work, I purchased two pep shrimps and within 24hrs I did not see one. I put them in about 5-6pm lights went out at 9pm and by the next day afternoon I did not see one, but now I have a problem one of them is picking at my dendros and they haven’t opened up smh so I’m trying to catch the one that’s left lol
 
Welp, I got myself 4 Peppermints about 3 weeks ago. They are VERY shy. I only know where they are because I have spent a couple of hours looking for them. So far, I can't say if they have eaten any Aiptasia. I decided to give them some help with an Aiptasia eating Filefish
 
I have one peppermint, he did eat the ayptasias I just had like 6 of them! More than 6 months and I have not see any more!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new