How many powerbeads for 75 gallon tank?

sezaro21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I currently have a 75 gallon tank with just softies. I was wondering how many powerheads are needed for a tank this size. I have a lot of rock work and due to that I feel like I have some dead spots of flow as I can see detritus building up on the sand in that area and not moving towards the intakes for my filters. I currently have run 2 Fluval FX4 canister filters with each output on opposite sides of the tank, pointing toward the middle of the tank. I also run 2 Hydor 1350gph powerheads on diagonal opposite side of the tank to create a circular flow in the tank. I would have thought with all that glow, I wouldn't have dead spots. Would adding 1 more Hydor 1350 gph powerhead to the tank be to much? I was thinking 2 powerheads on one side of the tank as far apart as possible pointed straight across the tank and the the other on the opposite side of the tank pointing straight across the tank toward the other 2 powerheads. If there is a better way, please let me know. Thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back