How much Actual Live Rock is needed

bucksfan1976

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
846
Reaction score
3
Location
columbus
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in this hobby almost three years. I have heard so many different opinions. I have a 93 gallon cube and I wanted to open it up a bit more , I dont want to put the fish in Jepordy with reducing the natural filtration. So my questions how many lbs per gallon do you recommend.
 
Its not really about lbs per gallon anymore. You can google minimalist aquascapes and you will see plenty of beautiful tanks with very small rockwork. Bacteria for biofiltration also grows on sand and walls of the tank. You can have more rocks in the sump instead of display tank. Having a powerful protein skimmer will also allow you to have smaller rocks
 
Well the main reason Im asking is that I have a 40 gallon tub in my laundry im using as a sump. My wife wants her laundry room back. Im wanting to put a sump under the tank but space is limited. So I have roughly 60lbs of rock in my sump and 150 lbs in my tank. thats alot...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new