How much is my coral worth?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ali350z
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ali350z

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2016
Messages
38
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if this is against the rules. If so discard. I'm not trying to sell anything on here.

But how do people decide how much a coral is worth?

How much is my meteor shower worth? I'd say it's 5 to 6 inches...

20161018_231431.jpg


20161018_231442.jpg
 
It's worth what anyone is willing to pay for it. So to one person it could be $1 another $1,000,000.

But being as it's a common coral in the hobby and been around a while and also an easier grower for many. A large chunk like that $50-100 but 1" frags $5-$20 all day. But again it depends on the market of where you live and the demand. There is no set market value for any coral.
 
Oh ok...I appreciate the reply...wish there was a book out there with the values lol...maybe I'll write it and make millions so I can buy more coral lol
 
Like @Diesel stated and look online to see if anyone else has one for sale for pricing
 
Ah today's hobby when everyone one thinks they are going to get rich off their tank. :) When I had my SPS tanks in the basement I gave away more corals for free. To get people into the SPS end of the hobby more than I ever sold them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new