How much is too much ??! Dosing limit per day ?

Jonathan blackwood

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2016
Messages
503
Reaction score
221
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1462149727102-jpg.347179
<br />My calcium and magnesium is on the lower side , and I want to raise it obviously. .. but how fast or how much can I dose per day?
 
What I got from research when I was setting up my dosing is (a) slower is better for any moves (b) recommended magnesium levels no more than 100ppm per day, (c) get your magnesium up where you want it before adjusting calcium (if necessary) as magnesium levels will impact amount of calcium dosing needed.

Cheers!
 
Then I switch to the Balling Method of dosing. once I had me parameter in line I test every two weeks to see if I need to adjust the dose.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new