How much is too much? + unknown brittle star

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ezreal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ezreal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2019
Messages
188
Reaction score
166
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recieved an INSANE amount of dwarf ceriths by accident. I put about 20 in and I have the rest in the shipping bag.

I already have about 15 ceriths + 2 nerites, 2 Florida Ceriths, 10 zigzag winkles, 1 Limpet, 1 peppermint shrimp, 1 Emerald crab, 1 Pitho Crab, 1 serpent star, 4 quahog clams, 4 venus clams, 1 Hermit crab, 1 small Damsel fish.

I'm worried about overloading the tank. I have bio filtration only with pourous ceramic and a clump of reverse light cycle chaeto that I have to pull apart and throw away every other week. I also now do weekly 5 gallon water changes as I used to do bi weekly.

I'm concerned this is too much for my 15 gallon reef.

Also I can't identify this brittle. Its mouth is an orange red.
20190625_181317.jpg
 
Take them to a lfs and trade them in for something.
That’s a brittle star
 
Take them to a lfs and trade them in for something.
That’s a brittle star

I wish I could. The LFS is too far for me right now. Still recovering. It's such a shame I don't want to see these guys cone to an unfortunate end..
 
Give them away locally
 
Give them away locally
I only have 2 people locally. Trying to contact them now.

Do you think I have overloaded my tank or will the filtration and water changes be able to keep it steady?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new